IEEE.org     |     IEEE Xplore Digital Library     |     IEEE Standards     |     IEEE Spectrum     |     More Sites

Commit d9e7801a authored by Beth Hancock's avatar Beth Hancock 🌿
Browse files

Merge branch 'master' into 'emily-master-patch-96932'

# Conflicts:
#   Readme.md
parents 8bc1abc6 0b77bda5
Instructions: Use the title of this issue for the agenda item you'd like to share or discuss at an upcoming Community Advisory Group meeting. No need to to add a description to this issue.
Use the title of this issue for the agenda item you'd like to share or discuss at an upcoming Technical Advisory Group meeting. Please include an estimated time for presentation and discussion. The description is welcome, but optional.
**Estimated time:**
**Description:**
/assign me
## Technical Advisory Group Meetings
* The Technical Advisory Group meets at 4PM Eastern on every other Wednesday.
<<<<<<< Readme.md
* The Technical Advisory Group meets at 2PM Eastern on every other Wednesday.
=======
* The Technical Advisory Group meets from at 2PM Eastern on every other Wednesday.
>>>>>>> Readme.md
* Our next meeting is March 3rd, 2021.
* Our next meeting is on March 31st, 2021.
* We meet virtually at [community.leadingbit.com](community.leadingbit.com) This is a BigBlueButton instance. BBB works best on Chrome or Firefox. If you're new to BigBlueButton, you can [read a brief guide](https://opensource.ieee.org/documentation-and-templates/community-documentation/bigbluebutton-guide/-/blob/main/BigBlueButton-guide.md) or [quickly test your setup]( https://test.bigbluebutton.org/) to make joining meetings easier.
......
* [Meeting Notes Directory](https://opensource.ieee.org/technical-advisory-group/meetings/-/blob/master/Supporting%20Documentation/README.md)
* [Meeting Information](https://opensource.ieee.org/technical-advisory-group/meetings/-/blob/master/Readme.md)
## March 3rd, 2021 Meeting Notes
**Time:** 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm Eastern
**Meeting link:** http://community.leadingbit.com
**Agenda:**
| What | Who | Time |
| ------ | ------ | ------ |
| Introductions; Approve Agenda | All | 5 minutes |
| Review [Purpose]( https://opensource.ieee.org/technical-advisory-group/about/-/wikis/Purpose ) | Tom | 5 mins |
| Address Decision Making Process]( https://opensource.ieee.org/technical-advisory-group/meetings/-/issues/7 ) | Tom | 5 mins |
| [Alternate Meeting Times]( https://opensource.ieee.org/technical-advisory-group/meetings/-/issues/8 ) | Beth | 5 mins |
| [GitLab Participant Roles]( https://opensource.ieee.org/technical-advisory-group/meetings/-/blob/master/Supporting%20Documentation/gitlab-participant-roles-and-access.md ) | Beth | 10 mins |
|[New Badging Platform Use]( https://opensource.ieee.org/technical-advisory-group/meetings/-/issues/9 ) | Julia | 15 mins |
| Action Item Update | Beth | 5 mins |
| Platform Update | Josh | 5 mins |
| Adjourn and next meeting date | Tom | 2 mins |
**Attendees:**
* Beth Hancock - Leadingbit for IEEE SA OPEN
* Josh Gay - IEEE SA Open, Open Source Community Manager
* Raul Pineda - Leadingbit Solutions
* Katie Schueths - Leadingbit Solutions for IEEE SA OPEN
* Julia Longtin - Wire / ImplicitCAD
* Tom Gilmour - InterviewKickstart Instructor (Part time)
**Action Items: (please submit as ISSUES!)**
* Move Purpose to a document in About Supporting Documents file. - Beth and Tom
* Tom will draft a list of Project Intake questions and work with Josh on process start.
* Post GitLab Roles file link into MM for further review, along with [Community Badging's descriptions]( https://opensource.ieee.org/community-advisory-group/community-badging/meetings/-/blob/proposed/Supporting%20Documentation/Meeting-role-responsibilities.md ) for some of these roles.
* Beth will reach out about shifting the time for the current meeting on MM.
**Meeting Notes:**
## Approve Agenda and Intros
## Review [Purpose]( https://opensource.ieee.org/technical-advisory-group/about/-/wikis/Purpose )
* Good for now. This is a living document and we will update it as our needs change.
## [Address Decision Making Process]( https://opensource.ieee.org/technical-advisory-group/meetings/-/issues/7 )
* The scope of this seems good to members.
* Tom will draft a process for review.
## [Alternate Meeting Times]( https://opensource.ieee.org/technical-advisory-group/meetings/-/issues/8 )
We discussed both shifting the meeting to an earlier time and also the idea of have alternating Western and APAC meetings.
Earlier meetings:
* Current membership is open to shifting to an earlier time.
* Beth will reach out about the topic of shifting time for the current meeting on MM.
Alternating APAC and Western meetings:
* To increase ownership, make sure that one or the other group is not "leading" all the activity.
* Further discussion of how to handle this is necessary.
* Beth will also follow up with Ron about APAC possiblity.
## [GitLab Participant Roles]( https://opensource.ieee.org/technical-advisory-group/meetings/-/blob/master/Supporting%20Documentation/gitlab-participant-roles-and-access.md )
* Post into MM for further review, along with [Community Badging's descriptions]( https://opensource.ieee.org/community-advisory-group/community-badging/meetings/-/blob/proposed/Supporting%20Documentation/Meeting-role-responsibilities.md ) for some of these roles.
## [New Badging Platform Use]( https://opensource.ieee.org/technical-advisory-group/meetings/-/issues/9 )
* Julia spoke about creating a project that create a community-focused testing system (and associated badges) for files of different types. This would be a big step forward for open source communities.
* Tom will provide a list of Project Intake questions to move forward.
## Action Item Update - Beth
* Reporting Guidelines template is being created in [010 Community Documentation and Templates]( )
* Julia and Josh have discussed F5.
* Julia and Josh have begun discussion of who the stakeholders are. Will continue work to bring the beginnings of a playbook.
## Platform Update - Josh
* Release date for next gen platform should be scheduled by our next meeting. Hopefully early next month.
* Working with Legal and Risk Management on working with educational institutions and minors. Considering a separate portal to accomodate students, parents, etc., as well as different legal language. Hopefully we will see somethign early next month to give feedback.
## Adjourn and next date - Tom
Our next meeting date is March 17th.
**Meeting Recording:** This [meeting](https://opensource.ieee.org/technical-advisory-group/meetings/-/blob/master/Supporting%20Documentation/Meeting%20Recordings/20210303-technical-advisory-group.webm) was recorded in BigBlueButton. BigBlueButton supports playback in Chrome and FireFox.
* [Meeting Notes Directory](https://opensource.ieee.org/technical-advisory-group/meetings/-/blob/master/Supporting%20Documentation/README.md)
* [Meeting Information](https://opensource.ieee.org/technical-advisory-group/meetings/-/blob/master/Readme.md)
## March 17th, 2021 Meeting Notes
**Time:** 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm Eastern
**Meeting link:** http://community.leadingbit.com
**Agenda:**
| What | Who | Time |
| ------ | ------ | ------ |
| Introductions | All | 5 minutes |
| Approve Agenda | Tom | 5 mins |
| Review Action Items | Sonia | 5 mins |
| Platform Update | Josh | 5 mins |
| Alternate Times for TAG Meeting | Beth | 5 mins |
| Badging/Project Intake | Tom | 15 mins |
| Recruitment | Tom | 5 mins |
**Attendees:**
* Silona Bonewald - IEEE SA OPEN Executive Director
* Josh Gay - IEEE SA Open, Open Source Community Manager
* Tom Gilmour - InterviewKickstart Instructor (Part time)
* Beth Hancock - Leadingbit for IEEE SA OPEN
* Raul Pineda - Leadingbit Solutions for IEEE SA OPEN
* Sonia Santana - Leadingbit Solutions for IEEE SA OPEN
* Katie Schueths - Leadingbit Solutions for IEEE SA OPEN
**Action Items: (please submit as ISSUES!)**
* [Update the meeting invite to reflect the new 2pm Eastern time and announce the change in Mattermost.](https://opensource.ieee.org/technical-advisory-group/meetings/-/issues/14) - Beth
* [Add Project Intake Form draft to Gitlab](https://opensource.ieee.org/technical-advisory-group/meetings/-/issues/15) - Tom (Sonia and /or Beth can help)
* [Request time on the CAG agenda for review of the Project Intake form](https://opensource.ieee.org/technical-advisory-group/meetings/-/issues/17) - Beth
* [Address Decision Making Process]( https://opensource.ieee.org/technical-advisory-group/meetings/-/issues/7 )
* [Production Readiness Agenda item](https://opensource.ieee.org/technical-advisory-group/meetings/-/issues/12). For a longer discussion item for next meeting. - Tom
**Meeting Notes:**
## Approve Agenda and Intros
* Agenda was approved.
## Review Action Items
* Sonia reviewed Action Items from last meeting.
## Platform Update
* Josh gave a brief platform update. We hope that there will be a definite date for production release soon.
## Alternate Times for TAG Meeting
* Poll results for an earlier meeting time were shared by Beth. An alternate time of 2pm Eastern for the meeting was chosen and approved.
## Badging/Project Intake
* Badging/Project Intake - An excellent form for incorporating community feedback into the Tool/Feature Eval process. Tom shared his draft of Project Intake form and asked for feedback. The form will be added to GitLab for TAG.
## Recruitment
* Recruitment. Several ideas were proposed by Tom and Silona including a new SA OPEN workshop for the Marketing Advisory Group where recruitment tools will be developed that can be used across the advisory groups.
## Adjourn and next date - Tom & Sonia
Our next meeting date is March 31st at the new time 2PM Eastern.
**Meeting Recording:** This [meeting](https://opensource.ieee.org/technical-advisory-group/meetings/-/blob/master/Supporting%20Documentation/Meeting%20Recordings/20210317-technical-advisory-group.webm) was recorded in BigBlueButton. BigBlueButton supports playback in Chrome and FireFox.
* [Meeting Notes Directory](https://opensource.ieee.org/technical-advisory-group/meetings/-/blob/master/Supporting%20Documentation/README.md)
* [Meeting Information](https://opensource.ieee.org/technical-advisory-group/meetings/-/blob/master/Readme.md)
## March 31, 2021 Meeting Notes
**Time:**
2:00 pm - 3:00 pm Eastern
**Meeting link:** http://community.leadingbit.com
**Agenda:**
| What | Who | Time |
| ------ | ------ | ------ |
| Introductions | All | 5 mins |
| Approve Agenda | Tom | 5 mins |
| Review Action Items | Sonia | 5 mins |
| Platform Update | Josh | 5 mins |
| Production Readiness | Tom | 10 mins
| Workflow for Tools Addition | Raul | 10 mins |
| Big Blue Button | Micky | 5 mins |
| Decision Making Process | Tom | 5 mins |
| ------ | ------ | ------ |
| Adjourn and next meeting date | Tom | 2 mins |
**Attendees:**
**Action Items: (please submit as ISSUES!)**
**Meeting Notes:**
**Meeting Recording:**
This meeting was recorded in BigBlueButton. BigBlueButton supports playback in Chrome and FireFox.
......@@ -4,11 +4,14 @@
The running list of meeting notes and agenda for the Technical Advisory Group is below. Each meeting set of meeting notes contains its recording. Recording began December 16th, 2020.
## Upcoming Meeting Agenda:
March 3, 2021
[March 31, 2021](https://opensource.ieee.org/-/ide/project/technical-advisory-group/meetings/tree/master/-/Supporting%20Documentation/Meeting%20Notes/20210331-tag-meeting-notes.md/)
## Past Meeting Agenda and Notes:
[March 17, 2021](https://opensource.ieee.org/technical-advisory-group/meetings/-/blob/master/Supporting%20Documentation/Meeting%20Notes/20210317-tag-meeting-notes.md)
[March 3, 2021](https://opensource.ieee.org/technical-advisory-group/meetings/-/blob/master/Supporting%20Documentation/Meeting%20Notes/20210303-tag-meeting-notes.md)
[February 17, 2021](https://opensource.ieee.org/technical-advisory-group/meetings/-/blob/master/Supporting%20Documentation/Meeting%20Notes/20210217-tag-meeting-notes.md)
[February 3, 2021](https://opensource.ieee.org/technical-advisory-group/meetings/-/blob/master/Supporting%20Documentation/Meeting%20Notes/20210203-meeting-notes.md)
......
**Participant Roles in Numbered Groups and Projects**
* Note taker
* Facilitator
* Creator of Code
* Writer
* Reviewer
For each of the above roles we need to answer the following questions:
* What do each of these kinds of particpants need to do to carry out their tasks?
* Do we need to create workarounds to allow people to make their contributions?
* What are those?
The Community Badging Group has been working on [some descriptions](https://opensource.ieee.org/community-advisory-group/community-badging/about/-/blob/main/Meeting-role-responsibilities.md) for a couple of these roles. These may be beneficial to this process.
**Permissions in GitLab**
For reference here are the general outlines of what each permission
_Guests_ (and anyone with access to the site) can add issues, comment on issues and close issues that they have opened.
_Reporters_ can add and assign issues, as well as change the location of issues on boards. They can also pull code and create merge requests (aka request changes to the content).
_Developers_ can remove files, delete licenses and various other things that could cause difficulties. They must do so via a merge request, so those changes are reversible once noted. A participant should be granted this level of access if they are actively working on the project and familiar with the process.
The _Maintainer_ role allows the participant to grant access to the group, enable/disable branch protection, push to protected branches, delete wiki pages, and manage Pages (external static sites). This level of access to a group or subgroup might be granted to a facilitator or other leader.
_Owner_ status of numbered groups and subgroups is currently restricted to staff participants.
Markdown is supported
0% or .
You are about to add 0 people to the discussion. Proceed with caution.
Finish editing this message first!
Please register or to comment