IEEE.org     |     IEEE Xplore Digital Library     |     IEEE Standards     |     IEEE Spectrum     |     More Sites

Commit c242b84f authored by Sonia Santana's avatar Sonia Santana
Browse files

Revert "Replace 20210929-tag-meeting-notes.md Updated notes for 9/29/21 TAG meeting"

This reverts commit 96772265
parent 96772265
Good Morning @all! Please join us for today's [Technical Advisory Group meeting](https://opensource.ieee.org/-/ide/project/technical-advisory-group/meetings/tree/master/-/Supporting%20Documentation/Meeting%20Notes/20210929-tag-meeting-notes.md/). Meeting details and agenda are included below.
* [Meeting Information](https://opensource.ieee.org/technical-advisory-group/meetings/-/blob/master/Readme.md)
## September 29, 2021 Meeting Notes
## September 1, 2021 Meeting Notes
**Time:**
2:00 pm - 3:00 pm Eastern
......@@ -18,98 +16,8 @@ http://technicalag.leadingbit.com
| Review Action Items| Sonia | 5 mins|
| Security Discussion on BBB| Raul| 10 mins|
| Use Cases of BBB | All/Anyone | 5 mins |
| Humanitarian Tech Workflow Presentation |LaVonne|10 mins|
| Promotion of Community Social Hour |Sonia | 2 mins|
| Platform Update | Lisa | 5 mins |
| Adjourn and Next Meeting Date | Tom | 2 mins |
* [Meeting Information](https://opensource.ieee.org/technical-advisory-group/meetings/-/blob/master/Readme.md)
## September 29, 2021 Meeting Notes
**Time:**
2:00 pm - 3:00 pm Eastern
**Meeting link:**
http://technicalag.leadingbit.com
**Agenda:**
| What | Who | Time |
| ------ | ------ | ------ |
| Introductions; Approve Agenda | All | 5 mins |
| Review Action Items| Sonia | 5 mins|
| Security Discussion on BBB| Raul | 10 mins |
| Use Cases of BBB | Anyone | 5 mins |
| Humanitarian Tech Workflow Presentation |LaVonne|10 mins|
| Promotion of Community Social Hour | Sonia | 2 |
| Humanitarian Tech Workflow Presentation | LaVonne | 10 mins |
| Promotion of Social Hour |Sonia | 2 mins|
| Platform Update | Lisa | 5 mins |
| Adjourn and Next Meeting Date | Tom | 2 mins |
**Attendees:**
[x] Tom Gilmour - Interview Kickstart, TAG Facilitator
[x] Sonia Santana - Leadingbit Solutions for IEEE SA OPEN, TAG Admin
[x] Beth Hancock - Leadingbit Solutions for IEEE SA OPEN
[x] Emily Brown- Leadingbit Solutions for IEEE SA OPEN - MAG Admin
[x] LaVonne Reimer - Open Data Governance
[x] Raul Pineda - Leadingbit Solutions for IEEE SA OPEN
[x] Melissa Bingham - Cross team Volunteer
[x] Katie Schueths - Leadingbit Solutions for IEEE SA OPEN
**Meeting Notes:**
# Introductions; Approve Agenda
# Review Action Items
* [IEEE SA Data Governance Work](https://opensource.ieee.org/technical-advisory-group/about/-/issues/25) - In Process. Josh gave us an update at our last meeting last meeting
Meeting Agenda Items:
* [Link to Security analysis for BBB](https://opensource.ieee.org/technical-advisory-group/meetings/-/issues/35) In Process - Raul will be presenting on this item at today’s meeting.
* [Cost analysis for BBB](https://opensource.ieee.org/technical-advisory-group/meetings/-/issues/34)
* [Provide link to BBB Feature requirements/ Comparison grid](https://opensource.ieee.org/technical-advisory-group/meetings/-/issues/33)
* [Tool Evaluation Rubric ( Maturity Model)](https://opensource.ieee.org/technical-advisory-group/meetings/-/issues/32)
* [Ways to Contribute to the Community Document](https://opensource.ieee.org/technical-advisory-group/meetings/-/issues/36)
# Security Discussion on BBB
Raul led a discussion. Tom did get link for Raul's files to review. Our version of BBB uses Greenlight. Might need more security eyes to look at our set up. What are the requirements for IEEE security - this is another area that needs to be added.
# Use Cases of BBB
[TAG video Clip of Mickey Metts BBB presentation](https://opensource.ieee.org/technical-advisory-group/feature-tool-evaluations/tools-to-evaluate/-/blob/main/Supporting%20Documentation/Mickey-BBB-Presentation-TAG.mp4)
[Some integrations and Learning Management Systems on the BBB site](https://bigbluebutton.org/schools/integrations/)
France used BBB for education during the pandemic. They probably have good use cases. Tom asked that anyone with more info on these or others use cases put the links in our Mattermost chat channel.
# Humanitarian Tech Workflow Presentation
LaVonne Reimer made a slide presentation. This was based on a
Friday Oct 22nd talk that LaVonne will give at the Global Humanitarian Conference. She asked for feedback on her slides. After the conference we will get LaVonne's talk slides and a link to video for our SA OPEN platform.
# Promotion of Community Social Hour
Thursday Sept 30th
When: Last Thursday of every month
Time: 6 PM - 7 PM USA Eastern time
Where: [Community BigBlueButton Room](http://community.leadingbit.com)
[Social Hour webpage:](https://saopen.ieee.org/social-hour/)
# Platform Update
Beth can confirm that the 14.0 version of GitLab is now up and running on platform.
# Additional Event Items
Emily wanted to let us know about upcoming events where some of our community contributors are speaking. Emily will give us links to All Things Open (ATO) virtual conference. We could use more volunteers to help out at the ATO booth.
[Links in MAG notes regarding: Virtual booth sign up](https://opensource.ieee.org/marketing-advisory-group/meetings/-/blob/master/Supporting%20Documentation/Meeting%20Notes/20210916.md)
# Adjourn and Next Meeting Date
Our next meeting date is October 13th, 2021 at 2PM Eastern.
**Meeting Recording: **
This [meeting]( https://opensource.ieee.org/technical-advisory-group/meetings/-/blob/master/Supporting%20Documentation/Meeting%20Recordings/20210929-technical-advisory-group.webm) was recorded in BigBlueButton. BigBlueButton supports playback in Chrome and FireFox.
Supports Markdown
0% or .
You are about to add 0 people to the discussion. Proceed with caution.
Finish editing this message first!
Please register or to comment