IEEE.org     |     IEEE Xplore Digital Library     |     IEEE Standards     |     IEEE Spectrum     |     More Sites

Commit cf3491f7 authored by Beth Hancock's avatar Beth Hancock 🌿
Browse files

Update meeting-minutes.md add draft minutes for 2021 10 28 meeting

parent d4d88df3
......@@ -7,14 +7,48 @@
Minutes are subject to OSCom edits and passive approval within two weeks of the meeting if there are no objections. They are for OSCom use only and are not to be copied or quoted for other than Committee business.
[[_TOC_]]
## 2021 10 14 Draft Minutes<br>
## 2021 10 28 Draft Minutes<br>
**IEEE Standards Association Open Source Committee (OSCom)**<br>
Draft Meeting Minutes<br>
Teleconference/Webex<br>
28 October 2021<br>
10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. Eastern<p>
**Attendees:**
Please see [Attendance list](https://opensource.ieee.org/oscom/meetings/-/edit/master/meeting-attendance.md#2021-10-28-attendees
). This meeting was quorate.
1. Introductions and approval of the agenda - Robby
2. OpenUp Project Proposal - Josh <br>
2.1 [Proposal](https://opensource.ieee.org/oscom/official-project-requests/-/issues/11) <br>
2.2 This topic was tabled to be discussed again at the next meeting. <br>
3. [Technical Advisory Group Report]( https://opensource.ieee.org/oscom/meetings/-/blob/master/Supporting%20Documentation/2021_10_28_Technical_AG_OSCOM_Report__1_.pdf ) - Tom <br>
4. Pipeline Review and Official Project Updates- Josh <br>
5. [Community Manager Report](https://opensource.ieee.org/oscom/meetings/-/wikis/Community-Manager-Report) - Lisa <br>
6. Executive Director Report - Silona <br>
6.1 Tabled to next meeting due to time constraints <br>
7. Ad Hoc Check-in - Robby <br>
7.1 Project Governance Ad Hoc - Don <br>
7.1.1 Don has received rough templates. <br>
7.2 Naming Ad Hoc - Cat <br>
7.2.1 Meeting is being scheduled. <br>
7.3 OSCom OpsMan Revisions Ad Hoc - Robby <br>
7.3.1. Revisions have begun. <br>
8. Adjourn <br>
## 2021 10 14 Minutes<br>
**IEEE Standards Association Open Source Committee (OSCom)**<br>
Meeting Minutes<br>
Teleconference/Webex<br>
14 October 2021<br>
10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. Eastern<p>
......@@ -23,7 +57,7 @@ Please see [Attendance list](https://opensource.ieee.org/oscom/meetings/-/blob/m
). This meeting was quorate.
1. Introductions and approval of the agenda - Robby
2. Pipeline Review - Josh
2. Pipeline Review - Josh <br>
2.1 **3D Retail Consortium subgroup:** The growth of 3D digital product creation tools for the apparel industry represents our belated but passionate effort to update our industrial-era methodologies for the digital age. By transitioning physical product development work into a 3D format, we can achieve countless benefits that range from process optimization to reduction of lead times. Beyond these business benefits, we see 3D technology as the engine of a profound shift toward a more sustainable apparel industry. When we work digitally we can reduce waste in the development process, design and sell garments virtually before producing excess inventory, and even begin to dress the virtual world without creating any physical versions at all. In order to kick start this engine, we need help from the open source community to build connectivity between the major 3D design solutions on the market. Major apparel brands and their suppliers will struggle to systematically adopt 3D technology so long as it is cost and time -prohibitive to recreate raw material assets multiple times, for multiple clients, and their disparate digital toolsets. By allowing fabric drape data, aka physics, to flow to any 3D design software, the necessary building blocks for a sustainable and digital apparel industry can be leveraged to their greatest possible extent. We invite you to join representatives from Target, Gap, Unifi3d, Perry Ellis, Hugo Boss, Under Armor, Kalypso, and Ralph Lauren to help us achieve this future for our industry.
3. [Community Manager Report](https://opensource.ieee.org/oscom/meetings/-/wikis/Community-Manager-Report) - Josh
......@@ -836,52 +870,52 @@ Our next meeting will be Friday, October 16th, at 9am Eastern.
**IEEE Standards Association Open Source Committee (OSCom)**<br>
Meeting Minutes<br>
Teleconference/Webex<br>
18 September 2020 <br>
1:p.m. - 2:00 p.m. UTC<p>
**Attendees**<br><br>
See [Attendance list](https://opensource.ieee.org/oscom/oscom/-/wikis/Attendance-List#20200918-attendees). This meeting was not quorate.<p>
**1. Call to order and approval of the agenda (Robby)**<br>
Robby opened the meeting and the agenda was approved. It was noted that this meeting does not meet quorum and that items 2 and 3 on the agenda would be reviewed, but that balloting would need to be deferred to email, as this is an informal meeting.<p>
**2. OSCom Official Project Request from Verifiable Vaccinations**<br>
Approval of this request was deferred to the email ballot process. The PAR was reviewed and discussed briefly.
- [Request for Approval *p2418.6 Verifiable Vaccinations*](https://opensource.ieee.org/oscom/official-project-requests/-/issues/3) 
- [See also, Approved PAR](https://development.standards.ieee.org/myproject-web/public/view.html#pardetail/6673)<p>
**3. Review of OSCom Webpage**<br>
- Those present reviewed the [OSCom webpage](https://docs.google.com/document/d/1V113oXAHAn5dUt6b94vX0Lmw05RjmaWILXV5k_LDU5g/edit) 
- Robby created the Naming Advisory Group to review the use of 'Official" in our documentation and to address other naming concerns. Members include: Helene Workman, Don Wright, Josh Gay, Silona Bonewald, along with an OS Community representative, and a representative of IEEE SA Marketing.<p>
- Robby created the Naming Advisory Group to review the use of 'Official" in our documentation and to address other naming concerns. Members include: Helene Workman, Don Wright, Josh Gay, Silona Bonewald, along with an OS Community representative, and a representative of IEEE SA Marketing.<p>
**4. Executive Director Update** <br> 
Silona reported on progress on the platform and website dates.<p>
**5. Best Practices Update**<br>
Andy Oram spoke regarding the creation of best practices documentation for the community.<p>
**6. Community Manager Update (Josh)**<br>
Josh gave a report on the progress fo the platform.<p>
**7. IPR Update**<br>
An update was received from Yvette Ho Sang regarding IPR: We received one CLA under the Apache License for Contributions to the UVVM project on 4 September.<p>
**8. Next Meeting**<br>
Our next meeting will be Friday, October 2nd, 2020 at 9:00am Eastern.<p>
**9. Adjournment**<br>
......
Markdown is supported
0% or .
You are about to add 0 people to the discussion. Proceed with caution.
Finish editing this message first!
Please register or to comment