IEEE.org     |     IEEE Xplore Digital Library     |     IEEE Standards     |     IEEE Spectrum     |     More Sites

Commit cf61198e authored by Emily Brown's avatar Emily Brown
Browse files

Update 20211014.md

parent 584fc199
......@@ -13,100 +13,125 @@
|Proposed Items/Ideas for next meeting | All | 5 mins|
**Attendees**
**Attendees
(please add name and affiliation)
[] Emily Brown- Leadingbit for IEEE SA OPEN
[] John Greaves
[] Beth Hancock- Leadingbit for IEEE SA OPEN
[] Sarah Womer - MAG Facilitator
[] Katie Schueths - Leadingbit for IEEE SA OPEN
Please include your name and affiliation
- [x]
- [x]
- [x]
- [x]
- [x]
**Notes:**
_Announcements:_
- Do you want to volunteer at ATO 2021?
- View our IEEE SA OPEN virtual booth sign up sheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qi1exNYSo4XB3rGXZbcum1Bef-Q2cjink0cArqTnVO0/edit?usp=sharing
- take a look at the schedule here to: https://2021.allthingsopen.org/schedule/ to pick a presentation to attend!
_Notes:_
**Announcements:**
- Sarah's podcast interview!
-airing next week on OSINT curious podcast (will be updating with link)
- OSPOCon/ OSSummit SM analytics
-will post to Events or Social Media projects
**Event Updates**
**IEEE SA OPEN volunteer presenters at ATO 2021**
- ATO- Next week!
- [**IEEE SA OPEN presenters at ATO 2021!**](https://saopen.ieee.org/ato2021/#speakers)
October 17-19 2021
[ATO Booth sign up sheet for volunteers](https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qi1exNYSo4XB3rGXZbcum1Bef-Q2cjink0cArqTnVO0/edit?usp=sharing)
[Register for ATO](https://2021.allthingsopen.org/)
- Matt Cantu time and talk TBA SA OPEN/ CHAOSS
- **Matt Cantu** IEEE SA OPEN Badging contributor/ CHAOSS
- [CHAOSS Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Open Source Badging Initiative Day](https://2021.allthingsopen.org/sessions/chaoss-diversity-equity-and-inclusion-dei-open-source-badging-initiative/) - Sunday (10/17) 2:45- 3:05 (In person)
- Georg Link [Identify and Recognize your Most Valuable Contributors](https://2021.allthingsopen.org/schedule/#:~:text=Identify%20and%20Recognize%20your%20Most%20Valuable%20Contributors) Day 1 (10/18) / 11:45-12:30 SA OPEN/ CHAOSS/ Bitergia
- **Georg Link** IEEE SA OPEN Community Advisory Group Facilitator/ CHAOSS/ Bitergia [Identify and Recognize your Most Valuable Contributors](https://2021.allthingsopen.org/schedule/#:~:text=Identify%20and%20Recognize%20your%20Most%20Valuable%20Contributors)
- Day 1 (10/18) / 11:45-12:30 (Hybrid)
- Stephen Jacobs [2 for 1: World Around You; An Open Source Platform for Deaf Education Equity](https://2021.allthingsopen.org/sessions/2-for-1-world-around-you-an-open-source-platform-for-deaf-education-equity-tba/) / TBA Day 2 (10/19) / 2-2:45 SA OPEN / OPEN@RIT
- **Stephen Jacobs** IEEE SA OPEN / OPEN@RIT [2 for 1: World Around You; An Open Source Platform for Deaf Education Equity](https://2021.allthingsopen.org/sessions/2-for-1-world-around-you-an-open-source-platform-for-deaf-education-equity-tba/)
- Day 2 (10/19) / 2-2:45 (Hybrid)
- Silona [It Takes a Village](https://2021.allthingsopen.org/sessions/it-takes-a-village/) Day 1 (10/18) 3-3:45 ED, IEEE SA OPEN
- **Silona Bonewald** Executive Director, IEEE SA OPEN [It Takes a Village](https://2021.allthingsopen.org/sessions/it-takes-a-village/)
- Day 1 (10/18) / 3-3:45 (Hybrid)
- **Adam Newman** COO, IEEE INDUSTRY STANDARDS TECHNOLOGY ORGANIZATION [Open Source and Standards Communities Coming Together to Solve Real World Problems (via IEEE SA OPEN)](https://2021.allthingsopen.org/sessions/open-source-and-standards-communities-coming-together-to-solve-real-world-problems-via-ieee-sa-open/)
- Day 2 (10/19) 2-2:45 (Hybrid)
- **Charles Eckel** IEEE SA OPEN contributor/ PRINCIPAL ENGINEER, GLOBAL TECHNOLOGY STANDARDS CISCO SYSTEMS [GitHub Gone Wrong – Lessons learned from organic open source](https://2021.allthingsopen.org/sessions/github-gone-wrong-lessons-learned-from-organic-open-source/)
- Day 2 (10/19) / 4-4:45 (Hybrid)
- [Project Maturity rubric](https://opensource.ieee.org/technical-advisory-group/draft-project-maturity-model/-/blob/main/README.md)
Presented by Tom of TAG
Some feedback was given, and MAG will revisit
**Subgroup/projects Updates**
Suggestions to dissect rubric and ask each AG to adopt its completion
- OSINT-
- research has been conducted
- OSINT for Good
- What OSINT is and is not
- Social Media
- Still waitng on completion of branded visual assets from SA Marketing
- [Ways to Contribute Document](https://opensource.ieee.org/marketing-advisory-group/meetings/-/issues/18)
- [**Ways to Contribute template DRAFT**](https://opensource.ieee.org/community-advisory-group/ways-to-contribute/-/blob/main/README.md)
Beth went over [Ways to Contribute template](https://opensource.ieee.org/community-advisory-group/ways-to-contribute/-/blob/main/README.md)
- MAG to work on "outreach and recruitment" portion of draft
New issues were assigned
- **Community Handbook Updates**
More to come, stay tuned!
- **Workshop for Roadmap 2022 for AGs**
- [Community Handbook Topics:](https://opensource.ieee.org/marketing-advisory-group/meetings/-/issues/16)
- Event in development
- One large general session for all AGs to work on "big picture" roadmap
- Individual AG breakout rooms
- Workshop delegation and structure during event (what does this look like)
- how do we leverage each groups input?
- how do we leverage each individuals input?
- Template for groups to share/present info (should we create?)
- NEEDED FROM MAG: to be disclosed soon
Please review and add topics as soon as possible.
- **Marketing Tutorial on How to Engage on Mattermost & Gitlab**
- How do we engage new users on both platforms
- getting started on SA website?
_Subgroup/ Project updates:_
- **OSINT**
**Proposed Items/Ideas for next meeting**
OOT
- MAG Outreach and recruitment work on [**Ways to Contribute template DRAFT**](https://opensource.ieee.org/community-advisory-group/ways-to-contribute/-/blob/main/README.md) template
- **Social Media Toolkit:**
OOT
- [Project Maturity rubric](https://opensource.ieee.org/technical-advisory-group/draft-project-maturity-model/-/blob/main/README.md)
- **Holiday scheduling**
- Thanksgiving week taken off (one meeting this month
- Two meetings in December 2nd and 16th
- address feedback given at prior meetings and continue editing
- Suggestions to dissect rubric and ask each AG to adopt its completion
- [Ways to Contribute Document](https://opensource.ieee.org/marketing-advisory-group/meetings/-/issues/18)
OOT = Out of Time
- [Ways to Contribute template](https://opensource.ieee.org/community-advisory-group/ways-to-contribute/-/blob/main/README.md)
- New issues were assigned at prior meeting, lets tackle those
- [Community Handbook Topics:](https://opensource.ieee.org/marketing-advisory-group/meetings/-/issues/16)
- Please review and add topics as soon as possible.
- **Marketing Tutorial on How to Engage on Mattermost & Gitlab**
- How do we engage new users on both platforms
- getting started on SA website?
- **Holiday scheduling**
- Thanksgiving week taken off (one meeting this month
- Two meetings in December 2nd and 16th
OOT = Out of Time
Markdown is supported
0% or .
You are about to add 0 people to the discussion. Proceed with caution.
Finish editing this message first!
Please register or to comment