IEEE.org     |     IEEE Xplore Digital Library     |     IEEE Standards     |     IEEE Spectrum     |     More Sites

From 1500 (3:00 PM) EST to 1600 (4:00 PM) EST we will be performing a major upgrade of the SA Open platform. This will affect all related services (opensource.ieee.org, opensource-connect.ieee.org, and *.ieee-saopen.org). During this period the listed URLs will be unavailable. For questions, email opensource@ieee.org.

Commit 22da7b4d authored by Georg Link's avatar Georg Link
Browse files

Update 20210331-meeting-notes.md

parent 6c4ab54f
......@@ -23,30 +23,32 @@ Link to meeting recording and any important info to help with playback.
| Welcome/Introductions | Georg | 8 mins |
| Agenda | Georg | 2 mins |
| Last meeting's notes and action items | Georg | 5 mins |
| [Project Intake Form](https://opensource.ieee.org/technical-advisory-group/draft-project-intake-form) | Tom | 10 mins |
| [Project Intake Form]( https://opensource.ieee.org/technical-advisory-group/draft-project-intake-form ) | Tom | 10 mins |
| Subgroup updates | Georg | 15 mins |
| Closing meeting | Georg | 2 mins |
## Action Items
(please [submit as ISSUES]( https://opensource.ieee.org/community-advisory-group/about/-/boards )!)
*
*
*
*
* No new action items
## Attendees
Please ask attendees to include their name and any affiliation, both work and volunteer, at each meeting. If they wish, we also appreciate the inclusion of preferred pronouns.
* Georg Link (he/him) - Bitergia, CHAOSS
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
Please ask attendees to include their name and any affiliation, both work and volunteer, at each meeting. If they wish, we also appreciate the inclusion of preferred pronouns. A checked box indicates the person introduced themself in the meeting.
* [x] Georg Link (he/him) - Bitergia, CHAOSS
* [x] Beth Hancock (she/her) - Leadingbit Solutions for IEEE SA OPEN
* [x] Karsten Wade (he/him) - Open Source Way, Red Hat
* [x] Evan Leibovitch - LPI
* [x] Emily Brown- Leadingbit- IEEE SA OPEN
* [x] Katie Schueths - Leadingbit Solutions for IEEE SA OPEN
* [x] Josh Gay (he/him), IEEE SA staff
* [x] Matt Snell (he/him), CHAOSS D&I Badging Initiative
* [x] Tom Gilmour (He/Him) - Interview Kickstart
* [x] Foundjem Armstrong - MCIS Software, CHAOSS, IEEE Senior Member
* [ ] Silona Bonewald - IEEE SA OPEN (late)
## Meeting Notes
......@@ -56,75 +58,72 @@ For informal meetings, this is often a simple bullet list of notes.
**Last meeting's notes and action items**
* Review and Approve [Meeting Notes from last meeting]( https://opensource.ieee.org/community-advisory-group/meetings/-/blob/master/Supporting%20Documentation/Meeting%20Notes/20210317-meeting-notes.md )
-
-
- Minutes will from now on be added directly to the repository. We are abandoning the Merge Request workflow to improve the simplicity.
- No objections to the minutes. Lazy Consensus achieved.
Action Items from previous meeting:
* Beth will review document in Open Source Architecture subgroup and reach out to discuss with Evan (and Karsten). [#6]( https://opensource.ieee.org/community-advisory-group/about/-/issues/6 )
-
-
- Postponed to next meeting.
* Georg will reach out to SustainOSS Governance group to invite them to the OSS Governance subgroup. [#7]( https://opensource.ieee.org/community-advisory-group/about/-/issues/7 )
-
-
- Done.
**Subgroup Updates**
* Subgroup: [Documentation Curation]( https://opensource.ieee.org/community-advisory-group/documentation-curation )
-
-
-
- Meeting scheduling in process - poll sent to intersted people
- Interested in participating? Let Beth know now or @emh.contact on mattermost
* Subgroup: [Community Badging]( https://opensource.ieee.org/community-advisory-group/community-badging )
-
-
-
- Attendance has been low at meetings.
- Focusing outreach to grow the group
- Partnering with MAG to have a space at the May 4th event focused on marketing.
* Subgroup: [Education]( https://opensource.ieee.org/community-advisory-group/education )
- The subgroup changed its name from "Academic Use" to "Education" because "academic" seemed to be too focused on the college level and the subgroup wanted to be more inclusive
- At today's meeting, Open@RIT shared what they are doing, and how they are building on the IEEE SA Open platform
* Subgroup: [Academic Use]( https://opensource.ieee.org/community-advisory-group/academic-use )
-
-
-
* Subgroup: [Diversity Equity and Inclusion]( https://opensource.ieee.org/community-advisory-group/diversity-equity-inclusion )
-
-
-
- No update
* Subgroup: [Naming Advisory Group]( https://opensource.ieee.org/community-advisory-group/naming-advisory-group )
-
-
-
- On hold, until OSCOM reactivates it
- Back in October, some work was done about changing language in the OSCom's Maintainer's Manual
* Subgroup: Open Source Architecture/Collaboration/Community-Development-Model
-
-
-
* Subgroup: Internationalization (on hold?)
-
-
-
* Subgroup (pending): Open Source Architecture/Collaboration/Community-Development-Model
- Waiting for conversation between Beth, Evan, and Karsten
- Another interesting [OSS Project governance]( https://www.ow2.org/view/OSS_Governance/ )
- Our goal is to be open source in all: license, community, and governance
* Subgroup (pending): Internationalization (on hold)
- No update
**Other Agenda Item**
*
*
*
*
**Other Agenda Item**
**[Project Intake Form]( https://opensource.ieee.org/technical-advisory-group/draft-project-intake-form )**
*
*
*
*
* TAG defined process for IEEE SA Open for proposing new tools to be added to the IEEE SA Open platform.
* Feedback: Change name of the form to something like "Feature Request Intake Form"
* Further feedback would be welcomed in the TAG Mattermost
* Karsten suggests describing it as a "community case" as a metaphorical comparison to a "business case".
**Other Agenda Item**
**Upcoming Events**
* [Software Freedom Day](https://www.softwarefreedomday.org/) September 18 at various locations worldwide
* MAG workshop on May 4th
- Will have breakout rooms:
- OSINT
- Badging
- Other ideas? Please submit this week to Emily or the MAG Mattermost channel.
* IEEE SA Open has a shared calendar. To add your event, simply invite the following email address:
*
*
*
*
**IEEE SA Open has a variety of different processes that everyone should be aware of**
* Request a new feature
* (WILL ADD LINKS AFTER MEETING)
Markdown is supported
0% or .
You are about to add 0 people to the discussion. Proceed with caution.
Finish editing this message first!
Please register or to comment