Host-only port preventing VM to start on Windows host
Created by: alfredoh1234
The OVA-appliance image has two ethernet ports configured:
- enp0s03 is a NAT port used to connect to the internet, but NOT the host
- enp0s8 is a Host-only port used to communicate with the host to enable the X11 forwarding over ssh
- If the VM fails to launch after importing the *.ova appliance image, look at the logs by selecting:
- [Machine]->[Show Log…] from the VirtualBox menu
- or with the keyboard shortcut [Ctrl+L].
- Look for the an error message that starts with “Failed to open/create the internal network…”.